I think it’s time we have a serious conversation about the complaints surrounding the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI). These concerns are quite understandable, considering the transformative impact AI is having on various sectors.
I remember the dysphoria that surrounded the introduction and use of scientific calculators by secondary school science students back in the day, the silence that ensued later became so deafening, and the widespread disapproval became almost non-existent when dignified examination bodies started distributing the same scientific calculators to students sitting for their exams.
But do you know that it takes a level of intelligence to prompt an AI machine to produce high-quality material? Despite possessing scientific calculators in those days, some people lacked the intellectual know-how to operate and solve simple equations.
I reckon, then, that the ability to direct, instruct, guide, and prompt an AI machine until the desired material is produced is in itself a form of intelligence.
It’s essential to understand that A.I. is not a magic solution but a sophisticated tool that requires human input and creativity. For instance, A.I. can analyse vast amounts of data quickly, but it is the human user who decides the questions to ask and how to interpret the answers. This collaboration between human intelligence and A.I. technology can lead to ground-breaking innovations and efficiencies in various fields, from healthcare to finance to education.
Let us consider the niche of content creation. A.I. can assist writers by generating drafts, suggesting edits, and even composing simple articles. However, the nuance, creativity, and emotional depth that a human writer brings to the table cannot be replicated by a machine. The writer’s unique voice, perspective, and experience are irreplaceable elements that make contents engaging and meaningful.
Instead of opposing and campaigning against the use of A.I. technology, that energy should be channelled into educating users about the ethical and professional ways to harness the limitless potential of this technology for improved productivity. Thus, creating a well-informed user base, which can ensure that A.I. is used responsibly and beneficially.
Moreover, AI has the potential to democratize access to information and resources. By making advanced tools available to a broader audience, A.I. can help level the playing field in many industries. Small businesses can compete with larger corporations, students in remote areas can access quality education, and researchers can expedite their discoveries.
I will conclude with this that;
“the A.I. technology is supposed to be a guide to creating quality materials and not a replacement for your brain”.
Embracing A.I. with the right mind-set and knowledge can lead to a future where human creativity and machine efficiency complement each other, driving progress and innovation, instead of stifling it.

No comments:
Post a Comment